Saturday, August 14, 2010

Homeschooling with a Classical Education

I have spent the last few months researching and learning about all the different methods of homeschooling. This, being our first year, will be an experiment to see what really suits our learning styles best. I will follow Annie's lead. But, I have fallen in love with classical education. A great resource that fell in my lap is The Well Trained Mind. I'm really excited about it. Annaliese is only in Pre-K this year, so we are going to keep it fun and playful for sure. She is so excited to start our official lessons. We are just waiting for our math curriculum to come in and we look forward to beginning next week. This blog will be interesting to the grandparents, for sure, to see what we're learning. I think it will be a great resource for those of you contemplating homeschooling as well. We definitely won't have everything down perfectly, and it will be a learning process for all of us. I'm also keeping this blog as documentation for me so I can look back on it year after year to review our plans, etc. We are thrilled to begin this journey! We'd love for you to come along for the ride and see what we're learning!

2 comments:

  1. an adventure indeed.....we will be here to enjoy every part of this exciting ride.....Proud of you Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh what fun! you are the perfect teacher for this Andrea..the girls (and boy) are so lucky to have you for a mom. I was reading the article defining Classical Ed, how interesting.. and I know that their little minds are like sponges and can absorb so much more than they tend to be given. Keep us posted. So proud of you all!!

    ReplyDelete